We are seeking an experienced service controller for a fast growing and well established office technology provider. The key focus of the role is to support the overall function of the Service department ensuring customer’s requests relating to after sales service are processed quickly efficiently and professionally.
- Overall responsibility for the allocation of jobs to the field engineer workforce
- Ensure all engineers are utilised in a productive and cost-effective manner to ensure maximum productivity
- Building a trusted and effective relationship with field-based workforce
- Handling incoming calls from customers and logging jobs as required.
- Managing the daily incoming workload to ensure that all customer targets are reached and onsite “booking in” requirements met.
- Manage all parts requests to ensure those calls requiring a second visit are managed efficiently and completed at the earliest opportunity
- Keeping customers appraised at all times, using a variety of communication methods (verbal, email, portal updates)
- To proactively manage customer expectation, particularly where external events mean SLA is at risk
- Ensuring all completed calls are processed and updated effectively to ensure appropriate invoicing.
- Assist in the handling of installation activity and parts distribution
- Management of allocation and cost control of regional subcontractors
- Any other reasonable requests as determined by the company befitting the role, skills and experience
- Ensuring all Planned Maintenance Activities are kept on top of and monthly contractual requirements are adhered to.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- A motivated self-starter, with the ability to proactively manage own workload
- A track record of contributing to a successful department within a customer focused services industry
- Experience of providing a high level of service, delivering tasks within strict deadlines and to the expected standard
- Results-oriented, with the ability to focus on what needs to be done
- Good standards of numeracy and literacy, ideally educated to A-level standard or equivalent
- A solid understanding of IT technologies or the ability to acquire new skills quickly
- A high level of proficiency in the MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK
- A good telephone manner with the ability to manage customer expectation
- A good communicator with a personable nature and an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels